Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Learn the Art of Stained Glass Mosaics

Yellow Lotus Flower, stained glass mosaic on board, 11"X11" (12"X12" framed), 2016
This is one of the designs I've created for my online class: Online Stained Glass Mosaic Flower Class which focuses on my approach to stained glass mosaics.  The class is geared at beginners as well as anyone wanting to try a new technique or simply to get an opportunity to work on some of the designs I've created for this class.  Additionally the students also get to participate in a private facebook learning group where they get to post photos of in-progress projects as well as finished ones and ask questions along the way.

Adding leaves - each leaf is hand cut by me.
Included in the class are 12 flower pattern downloads. Additionally each one has an added background pattern option which makes this a total of 24 templates that students get to use during their learning process.  A set of finished mosaic flowers will make an impressive display at home or wonderful and unique gifts for loved ones.

Working on the background.  Each piece is hand cut and fitted.
In the class the students get to experience the whole stained glass mosaic process from start to finish at their own pace in the comfort of their home.  I demonstrate how to use the four basic glass cutting tools: a glass scoring tool, running pliers, flathead tile nippers and wheeled nippers while teaching the students how to cut glass for mosaics.  I give many demos including showing how to use my taping technique, how to glue and grout.  

The mosaic is glued into a custom oak frame built by my partner Kyle.
Additionally I've recently began adding new demos where I give special tips on each design. The above flower was created by me while demonstrating how to cut each flower petal as well as how to add leaves to this flower. This can be applied to any of the included flower designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment